Browser Plugins

John Clarke
Can I create Plugins for web browsers using App Builder ? If so how can I do this ?

David Esperalta

Hello John,

Yes; please, take a look at the "WebExtension" sample.

Consider to purchase one or more licenses of our products: press here!

John Clarke
Hi David, I looked at the WebExtension Sample. I built it and installed it on Chrome. The Version of Chrome that I am using is : Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) When I clicked on the Icon for the Extension the menu appeared. However, when I clicked the buttons to set the background colour the background colour of the page that I am on did not change.

David Esperalta

Hello John,

I need to investigate a bit more when possible, since the sample works as expected in all the browsers that I try, not only in Chrome. What I see now, is that, for some reason I can't understand, we can't use jQuery to change the browser's pages color (like the sample want to do).

I am not sure if it's a question of permissions or what, since I discover that removing the jQuery lines and place a couple of "alerts" in their place, the sample working as expected, that is, the WebExtension receive the messages that we send, and even we can receive a message from the WebExtension context.

Even more, if we try something like this: "document.body.style.fontSize = '150%';", we can see it working as expected, so, it's quite rare why jQuery is not allowed... or working as expected... and I want to take a look at this when possible, John.

Consider to purchase one or more licenses of our products: press here!

Everybody can read the DecSoft's support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft's customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft's products in order to give this and other benefits.